Friday, August 17, 2012

Efa Gold Organic Coconut Oil

I had leftover 16 Bean soup for dinner and it was even better the second day--very thick and stewy! I had a hankering for sweet potatoes (my favorite root vegetable!) so I cooked some cubed sweet potatoes in some coconut oil and they were a super yummy addition to mix into the soup.

I did not know coconut oil was so healthy to cook with, but now that I know, it is my new secret weapon! It makes the house smell so good and I love the creamy flavor in and of itself.

I haven't used it as a moisturizer or conditioner yet, but the package says you can liquify the coconut oil by placing it in a water bath and then smoothing it on your skin or your hair! How cool is that? I love how you can cook with coconut oil in place of oil or butter and apparently, you can bake with it up to 350 degrees F.

I will definitely be incorporating coconut oil into my cooking because it is also stated to help in weight loss! So, not only does it taste good, it is actually good for me too, and may help me lose weight in the long run? Sounds like I will be marrying coconut oil with all my recipes!  Move over olive oil and make room for more coconut oil in my saute pan, please!


No comments:

Post a Comment