Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Trader Joe's Roasted Coconut Chips

Trader Joe's has done it again! I spotted this great new snack today: Roasted Coconut Chips. I am a coconut fiend, so of course I had to give these a try!  (Bonus: Trader Joe's Roasted Coconut Chips are Vegan!)

I am officially addicted to these Roasted Coconut Chips--you had me at "coconut" and "chip"!  These coconut chips are nice and crisp and light, not chewy like dried coconut. The roasting process, without adding oil, makes these coconut chips very nutty and delicious with the right balance of being slightly sweet and ever so slightly salty.  The coconut chips themselves are just thinly shaved pieces of coconut, roughly the shape of long rectangles or squares, and not at all like the grated or flaked coconut used in baking.

Trader Joe's Roasted Coconut Chips are perfect for satisfying crunchy chip cravings, but they are very addictive and it's very easy to eat the whole bag--granted, they come packaged in a small bag, but still!  I am going to use these roasted coconut chips as a garnish for my sweet potato and butternut squash soup the next time I make it--but I will have to buy more bags of these roasted coconut chips because I will be craving these for sure!  They should be called Trader Joe's Heavenly Roasted Coconut Chips!




5 comments:

  1. I've been told that these bags of chips are indefinitely sold out! My friends, both in northern and southern Cal, checked TJ in their locations, and all have said the won't know when their next shipment will be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping they get it sorted out so they can meet the demand like they did for the seaweed snack. That also happened with the dried bean snack too when it first came out. I think if enough people ask about it, they will find a way to bring it back.

      Delete
  2. I asked when I went to the store, last week, and they told me they had been discontinued, which I find very odd, because they were such a new product

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is odd! That happened with the Seaweed snack years ago when they first started carrying it. They had a hard time finding a supplier so every time I saw the seaweed in stock, I bought as many as I could. Wish I had done that with these coconut chips! Thanks for checking into that. I hope they can find a supplier so they can bring it back to the shelves!

      Delete
  3. I just bought these this week in Brookfield, Wisconsin (a store that opened in Nov 2012), so I'm hoping they're going to continue to stock them because they're so good!

    ReplyDelete