Sunday, September 23, 2012

Free Tomato at Lucky? My Lucky Day!

It must be my lucky day because I got a free tomato at Lucky Supermarket today.  I had no idea that Lucky has such a good company policy about rectifying errors at checkout.  I picked up this tomato because tomatoes were on special for $0.99/lb.  Generally, I make it a habit to review my receipt and double check that I got the sale price that I saw because sometimes I stock up based purely on what's on sale.  As I was checking out, I saw the price scan for my tomato and it was $1.50! That seemed pretty high for a tomato that I bought on sale! So I asked the cashier to check the price of the tomatoes because I thought they were supposed to be $0.99/lb. She said she put in the code for vine ripened tomatoes and I know I didn't buy that kind.  Luckily, there was a sticker with the produce number on my tomato and when I read it to her, she realized she made a mistake. She promptly gave me a refund for my otherwise $1.50 tomato and then she said, "You can keep that tomato," and I nearly fell down. I told her it was okay I didn't want a free tomato but she said it was company policy and insisted that I take it. So that's how I got a free tomato, just by remembering the price I thought I was buying it for!  I have caught a lot of errors on receipts at other stores, so it is a good habit to get into because you just never know!

Thank you, Lucky Supermarket for your amazing customer service!  I wasn't expecting such good follow through with your company policy. Thanks so much for my tomato!


No comments:

Post a Comment