Thursday, September 13, 2012

30 Day Vegan Challenge, Conquered!

I have been so busy with work that I didn't even realize I conquered my 30 Day Vegan Challenge! I am on day 33 as a Vegan (Day 37 as a Vegetarian) and I feel great! I never thought I could do it but it was easy! I missed the 30 day mark because I wasn't in any hurry to end the 30 day challenge! That's called conquering the 30 Day Vegan Challenge.

I am so glad I tested myself to see if I could eat Vegan meals for at least 30 days. I must admit I miss having cheese, eggs and cream, but the absence of dairy has helped me lose a lot of weight, more than I ever thought possible, so that is a welcome trade-off! It was so effortless! I wasn't trying to lose weight, it just happened over time. I guess I didn't realize how much butter, eggs, cream and cheese were in my diet until I took them out! 

I told myself I would re-evaluate my diet after I reached the 30 day mark  and see what seemed like reasonable lifestyle changes. I think I am going to try to stick to Vegan meals for the rest of this year. I just want to see how much of a difference it really makes with my overall health. I have changed so many habits--all for the better. I feel better about what I am eating and I am more aware of what I am eating. I am always comforted by knowing that I can always eat again if I am hungry after a meal! For me, Vegan guidelines are easier to follow than counting calories or carbs or weighing food. I have always believed that if you eat healthy food, you can eat more of it!  I never felt limited or hungry on this 30 Day Vegan Challenge because I told myself this is not about restricting, it's about changing. I hate fussing with portions and worrying about wanting seconds. If I want seconds, I am going for it no matter what! And now I can feel good about seconds because it's all Vegan!

Conquering my "self-imposed" 30 Day Vegan Challenge is just the beginning of the new me...a Vegan/Vegetarian me.

No comments:

Post a Comment